Types of Data Collected
The Use of the Collected Data
We collect your data automatically via cookies when you visit our website, in line with cookie settings in your browser. If you would like to find out more about cookies, including how we use them and what choices are available to you, please contact us. We will also collect data from you when you contact us via the website, for example by using the chat function.
- The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Managing contacts and sending messages and Displaying content from external platforms.
- The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Methods of Processing the Data
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
- The Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
- The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
The Rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
- This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
- To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Managing contacts and sending messages
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- One of the GDPR’s main objectives is to protect and clarify the rights of EU citizens and individuals in the EU with regards to data privacy. This means that you retain various rights in respect of your data, even once you have given it to us. These are described in more detail below
- Right to Object: this right enables you to object to us processing your personal data where we do so for one of the following four reasons: (i) our legitimate interests; (ii) to enable us to perform a task in the public interest or exercise official authority; (iii) to send you direct marketing materials; and (iv) for scientific, historical, research, or statistical purposes.
- Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is the one that is relevant here – it says that we can process your data where it “is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [us] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of [you] which require protection of personal data.”
- If your objection relates to direct marketing, we must act on your objection by ceasing this activity.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities (for example, for our marketing arrangements or automatic profiling), you may withdraw this consent at any time and we will cease to carry out the particular activity that you previously consented to unless we consider that there is an alternative reason to justify our continued processing of your data for this purpose in which case we will inform you of this condition.
- Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR): You may ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and request us to modify, update or Delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If you request further copies of this information from us, we may charge you a reasonable administrative cost where legally permissible. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request we will always tell you the reasons for doing so.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Normally, the information must meet one of the following criteria:- the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we originally collected and/or processed them;- where previously given, you have withdrawn your consent to us processing your data, and there is no other valid reason for us to continue processing;
- the data has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in a manner which does not comply with the GDPR);
- it is necessary for the data to be erased in order for us to comply with our legal obligations as a data controller; or
- if we process the data because we believe it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests, you object to the processing and we are unable to demonstrate overriding legitimate grounds for our continued processing.
- when complying with a valid request for the erasure of data we will take all reasonably practicable steps to Delete the relevant data.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This means that we can only continue to store your data and will not be able to carry out any further processing activities with it until either: (i) one of the circumstances listed below is resolved; (ii) you consent; or (iii) further processing is necessary for either the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, the protection of the rights of another individual, or reasons of important EU or Member State public interest.
- if we have shared your personal data with third parties, we will notify them about the restricted processing unless this is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. We will, of course, notify you before lifting any restriction on processing your personal data.
- if you would like to exercise any of these rights or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal data), please contact us.
- it is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the period for which we hold your data.
- Legal Action: The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services. The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
- System Logs and Maintenance: For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
- Information not Contained in this Policy: More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.